I am a handcraft maniac. I am felling in love with needle felting, beading, photography, drawing, clay pastries and miniature making.




Thursday, October 27, 2011

Latte the sheep


Winter is coming. The Hong Kong Observatory predicts this winter in Hong Kong will be a long and cold one. It's bad news. We don't have heater at homes, in offices nor in public transportation. We wear thick layers of clothes even indoors. The scarf is an indispensable thing for me in winter, keeping my neck warm makes me feel so much better. This "warming the neck" thing inspired me to creat Latte the sheep. Latte is like a projection of me in winter - thick layers of fibers covering my body especially around the neck. Creating Latte or simply watching it makes me feel warm already.








Latte charms and pins are now available in my etsy shop


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your sheep is sweet.:)
I posted about the necklace I got from you over at my blog. :)

Hydie Tan said...

Thank you so much Salina!! I visited your blog a few times but the blog won't allow me to leave any comments....it doesn't like my google account...

Hydie Tan said...

Salina, I tried to leave comment on your blog again... but this sentense appeared again and again...'Your current account (hydietan@yahoo.com.hk) does not have access to view this page'.. Do you have any idea why this happen?

amy said...

it's too cute! and i love that there's a story behind your creation. very sweet!

Hydie Tan said...

Amy, there is 1 more thing inspired me, subconsciously inspired me. I did not realize it until my cousin reminded me. The inspiration is my 3 month old baby niece. My cousin saw Latte and he said 'it looks exactly like Nicole, it is inspired by Nicole' Then I showed Latte to Nicole's mom, she said 'it really resembles my fat daughter'