I am a handcraft maniac. I am felling in love with needle felting, beading, photography, drawing, clay pastries and miniature making.




Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Fairy garden / miniature garden for Totoro


This is the first fairy garden (miniature garden) I've made. I longed to have a garden, having an English cottage garden is my dream. However, being a resident in Hong Kong it is impossible to possess a dream garden. The only way to fulfill my dream is to build a mini one inside my small apartment.




I love the layers and layers of colorful flowers in a cottage garden. 



The process of selecting artificial plants for the garden is enjoyable.
I even cannot remember how many types of artificial flowers and plants I have used for this fairy garden. I'm crazy about flowers!



Each piece of flower and each bunch of glass was carefully glued to the wood, it is like planting real flowers to garden. This is the closest thing I can do to enjoy gardening.
My Totoro and his friends already feel at home in this new garden, they love it and want to live there forever.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you can have a small magical garden at least. It looks really great, and seems like a worthwhile project to work on so diligently. It's lovely!

Hydie Tan said...

Thank you so much Melissa!